Tim Dansie conducts a wide range of seminars for teachers and school staff across a wide range of topics. Seminars can be tailored to meet the specific needs of a school or group within a school.
If you would like further information regarding seminars please contact Tim at email@example.com or via phone on 08 82691818
Basic Counselling Skills for Teachers
The Basic Counselling Skills for Teachers seminar provides teachers and all school staff members basic skills in how to counsel students. The seminar covers the following topics
- What is counselling and why it is needed more and more in a school setting
- How to identify students who made need counselling
- Counselling styles when working with boys and girls
- The different approaches when working with older or younger students
- Ethics and confidentiality when providing counselling in a school setting
- Caring for the career – how to look after yourself if providing counselling in a school
Most importantly, the seminar provides teachers and school staff with a simple step by step counselling model to follow when working with students.
The seminar is composed of a mixture between practical and theory with participants being given the opportunity to practice their counselling skills.
A very popular seminar, the Basic Counselling Skills for Teachers is a great introduction for teachers and staff who would like to develop their counselling skills
Seminar time – 6 hours
Advanced Counselling Skills for Teachers
The Advanced Counselling Skills for Teachers seminar follows on from the Basic Counselling Skills for Teachers seminar. The Advanced Counselling Skills seminar covers the following topics
- Strategies to help students open up and talk
- Revision of the Solution Focussed counselling model
- Grief Counselling
- Counselling techniques that can be added to the Solution Focussed Counselling model to help counsel students across area such as Anxiety, Anger Management, Bullying, Low Self Esteem and Depression
- Accessing external counselling sources and Online Counselling support for students
The Advanced Counselling Seminar is ideal for teachers who are working in Pastoral Care, Leadership or Counselling Roles in Schools. The seminar gives participants the opportunity to practice counselling skills whilst also learning a variety of counselling techniques.
Seminar time 6 hours
Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) – How to help students with a SLD
The Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) – How to help students with a SLD is for all Teachers, School Support Officers and Learning Support Teachers who are working with students with a SLD. The seminar covers the following topics:
- What is a SLD
- How is a SLD Identified
- The assessment process to diagnose a SLD
- Implementing strategies to help students with a SLD
- Working with students with Dyslexia, Central Auditory Processing Disorder and Language Disorders
- Communicating with parents who have a child with a SLD
- Raising the self – esteem of a student with a SLD
The seminar provides participants with a greater understanding of how to make modifications to a curriculum to support the needs of a student with a SLD whilst also teaching how we can help SLD students develop an enthusiasm for learning.
Seminar time – 6 hours
Working with Dyslexic Students
In the seminar Working with Dyslexic Students, Tim specifically looks at how best to help students who have the Specific Learning Disability Dyslexia. The seminar provides information on the following topics:
- What is Dyslexia
- How Dyslexia is Diagnosed
- Strategies to help Dyslexic students in a classroom
- Raising the self esteem of Dyslexic Students
- Talking to parents of Dyslexic students
- Educational Pathways for Dyslexic students
The seminar Working with Dyslexic Students is designed for Classroom Teachers, School Support Officers and Special Needs Teachers.
Seminar time – 3 hours
Managing Challenging Behaviours in Schools
In August 2016, Tim Dansie’s book Managing Challenging Behaviours in Schools – Creating a School Environment where Children can Flourish will be released. The seminar Managing Challenging Behaviours in School is based on the Tim’s book.
In the seminar participants will be provided learning on the following topics:
- What does a school that manages behaviour well look like.
- The causes of challenging behaviours
- Identifying challenging behaviours – using checklists to identify specific behaviours / conditions
- Strategies to manage the behaviours in a school and classroom setting
- Understanding the various Acts which apply to managing challenging behaviours
- Communicating with parents about behaviours
- Raising the self esteem of students who display challenging behaviours
- Creating a whole school environment to manage challenging behaviours
The seminar is interactive with Tim providing many case studies of students he has supported whilst also drawing ideas and success stories from all attendees. A very popular seminar for schools.
Seminar time 6 hours
Understanding and Implementing the Strategies of a Psychologist Report in a School Setting
As a registered Teacher and Psychologist, Tim Dansie explains how to understand a Psychologist report and also how best to implement the recommendations in a classroom and school environment. The seminar provides participants with information on the following topics:
- Identifying students who may need a Psychology Assessment
- Accessing Psychologists within specialty areas
- How an Educational Assessment is conducted
- The tests used within a Psychological Assessment
- Understanding what the scores within an assessment mean
- Implementing the strategies recommended within the report
- Talking to parents about the contents of a Psychology report
The seminar Understanding and Implementing the Strategies of a Psychologist Report in a School Setting is useful for teachers, school support officers and Special Needs teachers within a school setting who are reading Psychologist’s reports and implementing the strategies.
Seminar time 6 hours
2017 Leadership Seminars
Tim Dansie is a registered teacher and psychologist who has an extensive
history working in elite level sport and education. Tim is able to combine
his learning and skills to present to student leaders a seminar that sets
them up for a successful year in 2017.
Within the Leadership seminar Tim will work through the following topics:
– What is a leader?
– The characteristics of good leaders
– Challenges faced by leaders in a school and community context
– How to speak publicly to students and adults
– Personality and its impact upon leadership (students complete a
– How personality impacts upon group dynamics
– How to challenge a group members behaviours
– How to run a meeting
– The setting of values for a group
If you have any questions regarding the seminar please contact Tim on 08
8269 1818 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org